Asst/Assoc/Professor of Clinical Medicine in Pathology
Indiana University Purdue University Indianpolis (IUPUI)
Location: Bloomington, Indiana
Internal Number: 12717
Specific Title: Clinical Microbiologist
Location: IU School of Medicine
Department: IUSM - Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Campus: IU School of Medicine Indianapolis
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the IU School of Medicine (IUSM) in conjunction with IU Health Physicians (IUHP), is seeking a highly motivated Pathologist/Clinical Microbiologist to join its expanding faculty and serve as the Medical Director of the Clinical Microbiology Laboratory at the Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Hospital, the flagship facility of Eskenazi Health, located in downtown Indianapolis. With an annual volume of 165,000 tests, this laboratory is accustomed to evaluating emerging technologies to best serve its patients through cutting-edge diagnostics.
The individual selected will be part of the Division of Clinical Microbiology team at the IU Health Central Pathology Laboratory (IUHPL) and will be positioned to enhance offerings in all areas of the laboratory's expertise including Bacteriology, Mycobacteriology, Mycology, Virology, Parasitology, and Immunoserology. The position is available on either a clinical or tenure track, academic rank determined by qualifications and level of experience.
Responsibilities: · Provide leadership for the overall operation and management of the clinical microbiology laboratory section, including technical, regulatory, and quality oversight
· Expected to closely work with Infectious Diseases, Infection Prevention, Antimicrobial Stewardship, and Laboratory Administration
· Participate in teaching and mentorship of pathology residents and Clinical Microbiology Fellows
· Encouraged to explore clinical, or translational, and/or basic science research
About Eskenazi Hospital
· Highlighted among the nation's Best Places to Work by Becker's Hospital Review
· Recognized for meeting critical, regional healthcare needs
· A 333-bed modern facility that opened in 2013
· Houses a state-of-the-art Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, which supports both onsite and off-site diagnostic needs
About the IU Health Pathology Laboratory and Department:
· Financially-sound department, which is in a stage of growth and expansion
· Stable environment with excellent retention practices and professional growth opportunities; 5-year average turnover rate of only 3%
· 150,000 square foot dedicated central laboratory building
· Serves as the centralized AP & CP testing facility for numerous IU Health hospitals and clinics performing 15 million diagnostic tests annually
· Provides the ability to collaborate with a cadre of subspecialized pathologists
· Engaged in promoting innovation and excellence in the education of medical students, residents, and fellows
· Strong support for translational research
· Strong base salary that is not RVU based. Indiana was listed as
About Indiana University Purdue University Indianpolis (IUPUI)
IUPUI, a partnership between Indiana and Purdue universities, is Indiana’s urban research and academic health sciences campus.
IUPUI’s mission is to advance the state of Indiana and the intellectual growth of its citizens to the highest levels nationally and internationally through research and creative activity, teaching and learning, and civic engagement.
By offering a distinctive range of bachelor’s, master’s, professional, and Ph.D. degrees, IUPUI promotes the educational, cultural, and economic development of central Indiana and beyond through innovative collaborations, external partnerships, and a strong commitment to diversity.