We have an opening for a PRN Optometrist to work at our brand new LiveWell health centerlocated in Columbus, IN!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Lifestyle Medicine is an approach to health and wellbeing which treats the causes of disease and illness rather than treating the symptoms. The LiveWell center healthcare team will be responsible for providing employees and families with support and tools to promote Healthy Lifestyles through behavioral changes.
Lifestyle Medicine is a uniquely different primary care model. It allows health care professionals to work in a multidisciplinary team based practice that will focus on delivering high quality care to each and every patient in order to truly make a difference in their life and positively impact their overall health and wellbeing. This new, 28,000 square feet, state of the art LiveWell center, has recently opened! The practice has many resources onsite including health coaching, chiropractic services, massage therapy, optometry, a teaching kitchen along with nutrition classes, physical therapy, fitness instruction and much more!
The Optometrist is responsible for assuring that all patients receive quality vision care. The Optometrist monitors the effectiveness of the vision Clinic to assure that the highest standard of healthcare is provided at the lowest possible cost.
• Acts as the primary day-to-day interface with the Clinic Medical Director and Health Center Manager
• Assures that the Vision Clinic component is fully operational during Clinic hours and that services are available as scheduled
• Supervises opticians and other optical staff in cooperation with the Health Center Manager
• Provides and assures that patients receive appropriate routine eye exams and urgent care, as well as other vision care that is appropriate in the care setting
• Assures that referrals are made in a timely manner to out of the Clinic specialists or other providers when medically necessary
• Assures that the patient's treatment is monitored and coordinated
• Assures that the documentation of care as represented in the medical records meets established standards of quality
• Acts as a day-to-day resource to physicians and medical Clinic staff regarding vision care issues.
• Reviews medical utilization data in concert with the Health Center Manager and staff physicians and participates in studies to develop cost benefit information for the primary care vision Clinic
• Conducts monthly staff meetings and maintains records of such meetings
• Participate in the recruitment as requested
• Works cooperatively with the other members of the Clinic management team to assure a smooth vision Clinic operation
• Assists the Health Center Manager in responding to patient concerns about care issues and works to solve problems and improve patient care
• Assists in the preparation, investigation, and follow-up of incident reports
• Develops vision care protocols, policies and procedures to assure compliance with accepted standards of quality
• Assists in the promotion of the vision/medical Clinic
• Works collaboratively with Operations, Health Center Manager and the Clinic Medical Director on all patients care issues
• Prepares monthly reports on Clinic operations
• Maintains OSHA compliance standards
• Other duties as assigned
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Valid D.O. state license. Board certified or eligible in Optometry required
• Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for healthcare provider is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
Premise Health is a leading worksite health company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. With 85 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000. Our mission is to engage employ...ees and their families in meaningful ways that change behavior and improve health, so they and their employers can be at their best every day. Premise’ goal is to transform worksite health to improve patient, provider and client experiences.