Are you interested in practicing more HEALTHcare and less SICKcare? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a unique lifestyle medicine practice. The brand new state of the art 28,000 sqft. building includes not only primary care but also a teaching kitchen with a full time chef, chiropractic care, acupuncture, physical and occupational therapy, personal training, health coaching and so much more.
We have an opening for a Full-Time Medical Director to providePrimary Care in our Lifestyle Medicine worksite health center inColumbus, IN
Premise Health, the nation's largest provider of worksite health and wellness services with over 40 years of industry experience, are pioneers in employer sponsored health and wellness. We are revolutionizing the way companies care for their employees by bringing comprehensive, integrated primary care services in-house. Lifestyle Medicine is an approach to health and wellbeing which treats the causes of disease and illness rather than treating the symptoms. The LiveWell center healthcare team will be responsible for providing employees and families with support and tools to promote Healthy Lifestyles through behavioral changes.
The Medical Director reports directly to the Director, Client Operations administratively and to the Regional Medical Director clinically. The Medical Director is responsible for the medical leadership, clinical oversight and patient care for a specific health center.
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the health center
- Works in tandem with Health Center Manager/Supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Provides episodic, preventive, and/or primary health care to patients depending on the needs of the client. Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients; educates and advises on medical issues as needed
- Provides referrals both internally and externally to appropriate medical resource or specialty Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients
- Participates in the development of annual health center goals and objectives
- Maintains Electronic Medical Record software
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care; schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice
- Reports directly to the Director, Client Operations for administrative and operational workings of the site and Regional Medical Director for medical responsibilities.
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the health center environment; uses effective medical and people/performance management processes
- Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account
- Collaborates with other health center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and medical research updates to health center staff
- Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of the company
- Coordinates and researches continuing educational opportunities for the development of staff within the health center
- Ensures the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the health center
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates
- May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers
- May oversee and provides evidence based process improvement recommendations to ensure quality of care
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise; Occupational Health, Primary Care, Pharmacy/PC integration, Integrative Medicine, etc. and provides consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process being mindful of Risk Management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships
- Other projects as required to address specific medical needs
- Performs annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the Health Center Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Educational requirement: MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Family Practice,
Internal Medicine and/or Occupational Health by the AOA or ABMS
- 3 5 years minimum in Family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or Occupational health settings,
Primary Care or Emergency Medicine or Board Eligible in aforementioned practice areas.
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification.
Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization both internal and external
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which the site is located
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification, in some cases may be required